Hagerstown Youth Hockey Association is seeking individuals interested in interviewing for the position of Coach-In-Chief (CIC) 2019-2020 hockey season.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Act as liaison between teams and BOD
• Monthly report to BOD
• ADM training schedules for coaches (Weekly/Monthly)
• Oversees recruitment and training of coaches
• Quarterly/Semi-Annual coaches clinic with his/her expectations and tips
• Assisting each head coach, on ice, at least once monthly with players progression
• All outside training and equipment filtered through the CiC position
• Tournament/Showcase input and/or tournament guidance on placement of teams
• Final approval of rosters with coach's input
• Placement/declaration of teams in leagues (CBHL and/or EJEPL) and level (AA, UA, LA, B or Diamond, Futures, Gold, Silver, Bronze)
• Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner
• Direct, manage, implement, and develop ongoing policies and procedures for all hockey related programming, working in conjunction with the BOD, with an emphasis on risk management and safety of all players, coaches, and members
• Work with outside teams and clubs in placement of players into the Juniors and Collegiate levels
The CiC will serve at the direction of the BOD but is not an officer. The CiC may be invited to participate in Board meetings and discussion but shall not have any vote in any Board decision. The CiC cannot be a rostered Head Coach or Assistant Coach; however, in extenuating circumstances the CiC can fill an open coaching position with a 2/3 majority vote of the Board.
Compensation commensurate based on experience.
Interested individuals please send your resume to email@example.com
Deadline to accept resumes is March 1st , no exceptions.